BUT I FINALLY GOT ONE. I got to test it out right away, too, as my period conveniently started the day after it came in the mail! I keep discovering awesome things about it and wanting to tell everyone ever, but you probably don't go up to strangers and say, "Hey, let me tell you about how awesome my new menstrual blood collection cup is!" Unless you don't mind getting funny looks. And possibly arrested.
BUT IT'S OKAY. THAT'S WHAT LJ IS FOR. ALLOW ME TO LIST THE TWELVE BILLION REASONS THE DIVA CUP IS AWESOME.
1. It's reusable. Never have to buy pads or tampons ever again.
2. It's made of silicone. No bleached cotton sucking up all of my important vaginal secretions.
3. You can wear it for ten to twelve hours, so you only have to change it twice a day.
4. You can sleep in it.
5. You can do yoga in it.
6. It's easy to put in (for me).
7. It doesn't leak at all (for me).
8. You can't feel it at all.
9. When you wipe? There is no tampon string getting stuck up your butt.
10. There is also no wiping away smears of blood (which happens if you wear pads).
11. When you empty it? It's marked like a measuring cup, so you can see exactly how much you bled (which is fascinating to me for some reason).
12. It comes in a cute pouch!
13. The cup itself is cute!
14. SO CUTE. CUTE LITTLE MENSTRUAL CUP.
15. Did I mention it's friggen' reusable?
What I'm saying here is I FUCKING LOVE THIS THING. Probably way more than a person should love something that catches menstrual blood.