Step 1: Put your MP3 player, iTunes or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 50 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Italicize the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
CAVEATS: NO SPOKEN WORD TRACKS. THAT'S JUST NOT FAIR. I'm also going to skip songs that I don't even know, that are on my "Someday when I'm bored and want new music to listen to it will be right there on my iPod" list, because I know I won't remember the answers.
1. Oh, angel, I can feel it's not you, angel, I see it isn't true
2. You're sorry now, and you've changed somehow
3. Fell in the door and you fell on the floor Nightgown of the Sullen Moon - TMBG, Guessed by: mrgazpacho
4. An artist is a coward Bad Acne - Cex, Guessed by: drninja
5. Are you such a dreamer 2 + 2 = 5 - Radiohead, Guessed by: specific_chris
6. After years of waiting nothing came
7. Something that I can't quite explain Calling You - Blue October, Guessed by: auracel
8. Hey Blake, won't you give us some of that beat bumping music? B-Shorty grabs mic - Blake Lewis, Guessed by: auracel
9. I lay my head on the railroad track They Might Be Giants - See the Constellation, Guessed by: scudthefish
10. What I've kept with me and what I've thrown away Evaporated - Ben Folds Five, Guessed by: mrgazpacho
11. And now my charms are all o'erthrown
12. When you tried to kiss me, I only bit your tongue Cake - Daria, Guessed by: opaleyes
13. Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine Mr Brightside- The Killers, Guessed by: opaleyes, anneliese, mrgazpacho, auracel
14. A little sexual frustration Strange Disease - Prozak or Simon & Milo, it's the same thing. :) Guessed by: mrgazpacho, unavoidedcrisis, auracel
15. It's tricky when you feel someone has done something on your behalf
16. So if you're lonely, you know I'm here waiting for you Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand, Guessed by: jix1125, mrgazpacho, drninja
17. Memories consume like opening the wound
18. Well a Scotsman clad in kilt left the bar one evening fair The Scotsman - Arrogant Worms, this one I counted if you got the title because it's a traditional filk song. Guessed by: scudthefish, unavoidedcrisis, auracel
19. For unto us a child is born For Unto Us A Child Is Born - Handel's Messiah, Guessed by: auracel
20. I take a breath and pull the air in 'til there's nothing left
21. Cold hands, warm heart, we just need some time apart
22. I want to tell you 'bout my friend the dwarf star Dwarf Star - Rasputina, Guessed by: jix1125
23. I love you so much I need the heimlich maneuver
24. Bat your eyes girl, be otherworldly Warning- Incubus, Guessed by: opaleyes
25. Don't mind me, just cruising by, by the girl with the balloon
26. I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut Scars - Papa Roach, Guessed by: auracel
27. Show me forgiveness
28. Well, if I can't keep my mouth shut, then I promise not to use the "L" word L Word - Spiraling, Guessed by: auracel
29. Pain, without love
30. A long, long time ago, I can still remember American Pie, by Don McLean (Yes, the classic :) Guessed by: [Unknown LJ tag], jix1125, opaleyes, scudthefish (song only)
31. Who's in bunker? Who's in bunker?
32. Back in high school I knew a girl not too simple and not too kind She Thinks She's Edith Head - TMBG, Guessed by: scudthefish, specific_chris, mrgazpacho
33. I know, I know, I said that I would quit Thunderbird - TMBG, Guessed by: scudthefish, specific_chris, mrgazpacho
34. Through the window, the doctor goes
35. Why is the world in love again? Theme from Flood - TMBG, Guessed by: scudthefish, specific_chris, mrgazpacho
36. Why'd you have to cross my mind today? Cross My Mind - Spungewurthy, Guessed by: auracel
37. Inside your pretending crimes have been swept aside
38. The world spun round and round and I lost track of you
39. There is yet another one that follows me
40. City's breaking down on a camel's back Feel Good Inc- Gorillaz, Guessed by: opaleyes, scudthefish, drninja, auracel (song only)
41. Make a hole with a gun perpendicular Ana Ng - TMBG, Guessed by: scudthefish, specific_chris, mrgazpacho, drninja
42. Oh, I, I just died in your arms tonight (I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight - Cutting Crew, Guessed by: jix1125, opaleyes, specific_chris (song only), auracel (song only)
43. Juices, muffins, pasta and cheese I Am a Grocery Bag - TMBG, Guessed by: scudthefish, specific_chris, mrgazpacho
44. I saw her, yeah I saw her
45. Why do we never get an answer when we're knocking at the door? Question - Moody Blues, Guessed by: auracel
46. We get high in backseats of cars The Way We Get By - Spoon, Guessed by: drninja
47. As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain Amish Paradise - Weird Al, Guessed by: jix1125, opaleyes, specific_chris, anneliese, mrgazpacho, drninja, unavoidedcrisis, auracel
48. It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside Your Song- Elton John (Yes, it's in Moulin Rouge, but on MY iPod, it's Elton John!) Guessed by: opaleyes, mrgazpacho, unavoidedcrisis
49. Can you tell that I'm planning prevenge? Prevenge - TMBG, Guessed by: scudthefish, specific_chris, mrgazpacho, auracel
50. Once upon a time, once when you were mine Your Wildest Dreams - Moody Blues, Guessed by: auracel
Comments screened. :)